Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuff Tuff Pics! LOTS (and other stuff)

Hey all! (all two of you probably, lol, thanks in2paints for commenting, makes me feel good :)

Anyway, I did a photo session with my favorite yearling yesterday and I have a bunch to post! I know I'm probably going overboard, but this isn't even half of what I actually took, haha. Just my faves.

SO! I got there and walked up to the fence, they were out exploring in the slightly wooded area, and I called to him and he came walking up to see me :). Daisy doesn't even look at me! haha
So he was interested for a few minutes. Posing in the sunset light for me very obligingly. (he was watching my husband coming on my bike lol) I just love his eye expressions, sucha cutie!And then decided he needed to clean up the hay he and his buddy had left. So he walked down the fence line, mowing up little pieces of hay and grass if it was over the boundary of the hot wire. Which once he shocked himself when he got too close, lol. He didn't even really seem that 'shocked' just kinda jerked his head back and then went back to eating, lol.

This is him watching Lee on the swing I think. I wanted to show just how PRETTY his neck and throatlatch have become, I'm so amazed. He needs to grow into 'dem ears tho, lol.

See how pretty his color is?? I'm just like, ahhh, wanna look at him all day, lol.

My goofy husband swinging, lol


Other side! After he got to a certain point in the fence he turned around and started going back up, lol.This is one of my favs, so pretty! Its my desktop background right now :)
Last one! Aren't we cute??

Here's a very short video of him eating, and Skip makes an appearance too!

And off topic, but here is a pretty picture I took of the sky walking out there.

And all the cows in the pasture in front of our house were up next to the house, I thought that was funny. Lee rode his bike next to the fence and scared all the calves, lol.



And last, and usually least to me (especially when hes chewed up somethinng of mine or made some kind of mess in the house) Bowser the schnauzer!

Well guess thats it, thanks for lookin!! And if anyone is lurking, please comment! Makes me feel all fuzzy inside :)

4 comments:

in2paints said...

Tuff is gorgeous! His color is just beautiful!

Long story, but I'm going to tell it anyway...

I used to work at a Standardbred farm when I was in high school and they had a stallion there who was gray. He was gorgeous too! Most of the broodmares were bay or brown, but nearly all of the foals bred to Admiral ended up gray like him. They started out that "roan" color like Tuff, with the dark mane and tail, and they also had dark legs (Tuff has those gorgeous socks, though) but they were mostly gray by the time they were 3-ish.

Personally, I love the look of the roan body with the dark points. Just like Tuff is now... he's gorgeous! Although, he was gorgeous as a baby too with all that chrome!

You'll have to keep posting pictures as his color changes!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

Thank you!! :D Ill pass it along to him, haha.

As for your story, that makes sense they were all sorta like Tuff, like I keep telling my father in law, hes roaney cause he was a chestnut foal! But he still argues with me, haha. Thanks for the story! Ive been curious how long it will take him to 'white out'. So were they really grey or white by 3? No red hairs or anything? I'm thinking he will be fast like that from where he is now.
And dont worry, I'll have lots of pics!! I discovered the other day I went a whole month without taking one pic of him last month!! I have lots from EVERY month so far, except for one, durn it!! lol

TTYL!

in2paints said...

Yeah, Tuff looks like he's roan, but he's just turning gray. Your FIL will find out soon enough!

Take a look at
this picture.

It looks just like Tuff (I think)! All the grays at Pebble Creek started out bay or brown, by their yearling year they looked like Harley there, and then into their 2 and 3 year old years they were quite gray. Maybe not 100% yet, because some of them still had colors on their legs or some dapples, but shortly thereafter they were pretty much all gray. I'd see pictures of them racing and not even recognize them. They were all yearlings the last time I saw them.

Take a look around the website. I miss working there SO much! They still have a lot of the broodmares that I used to work with daily. I sure do miss those broodmares! Admiral's Galley and Perfect Spiral were there too (the stallions) and I got to work with them as well... not to mention all the yearlings and weanlings.

If only I could make a living playing with horses again!

Sorry, I'm rambling! Make sure you take those monthly pictures of Tuff! It'll be cool to look back as his color transformation!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

Just a test! Riding Ms. Daisy (and Son)