Friday, January 15, 2010

BIG News!

First off! Sorry, but its not horse-related!

But it really IS big news! Something I've been wanting to share with yall for a long time now! But I wanted to wait for the big confirmation, and we got it yesterday!

I'm pregnant!

:D

Yup! No joke! Although when I saw those 2 lines the first time I thought it was a joke! Lol! Anyway, I'm due July 31st. Summer baby! Yesterday we had our first ultrasound and saw the baby bouncing about all over the place! It was SO NEAT.

The husband and I are super excited! We weren't really trying to get pregnant, but we are so happy we are. I'm almost 12 weeks now, so almost into my 2nd trimester. The fun one!

Part of the reason horse activity has been so low lately is yes, its winter, but also because I've either been:
1. Sick/Nauseated
2. Exhausted!
3. Hungry (you might laugh, but that is a serious one, lol)
4. The husband wasn't home, and I feel like I need supervision now when I work with the horses, kinda silly right? I guess my maternal protective instincts are already popping out.

I probably won't be doing much, if any, riding. I just don't want to take the risk. I know a lot of pregnant women ride up till a month or so before, but not me. I trust my girl, but she is still an animal with a mind of her own! I'm sure I will probably not be able to keep off her the whole time, though! Especially when the weather starts getting perfect! But I definitely will be limiting it. And no more jumping for awhile. :sniff sniff: Daisy is getting a bit old/arthritic anyway! ;)

So anyway, sorry for the lack of posts lately, and sorry in advance for the probable continuation of lack of posts! Whew, that was a lovely sentence. But I will do my best!

Just an FYI, if you want to know all the gory details I am documenting my life (which is mainly revolving around my pregnancy/baby now) on my other blog His Goofy Woman, for anyone interested!

Until later!

P.S. Still working on the Tuff Undersaddle project, waiting on a pretty day and TIME!

6 comments:

in2paints said...

Oooh!!! :) Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you and the hubby. You're the 3rd person I know having a baby in July... lol

I can't wait to see baby pictures!

Jill said...

CONGRATS!!!! Awesome news!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news - congratulations!

Albigears said...

Congrats!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

Thank you all so much for the congrats!!
LOL Becca! Really?? How crazy is that!

Michelle said...

People ride up until the end? How nuts! I can't imagine riding with a huge bump and a baby inside of it! Not to mention the risk at that stage ... yikes. I'm sure Daisy won't mind the break lol