Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days!

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year since I haven't talked to ya! All is well here, my girl is growing so much! Over 5 months old now!

We got nearly 5 inches of snow Sunday night!! Thats CRAZY for us! Although its kind of a bummer because we got half an inch of ice on top of that, which makes it kind of scary! We've been stuck here for 3 days! I grabbed my bareback pad and bridle yesterday thinking I could sneak in a short ride, but then I almost fell on my butt 2 feet from my porch and thought, hm, probably not a good idea. :)

Hopefully tomorrow will get better. We are supposed to be almost 60 Sat, weird weather!

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few pics of the horses I took the other day in the snow. We have been snowed/iced in since Sunday night!

Snowy pasture!


Horses down in the trees!

Tuff sampling the local trees, lol

Pretty pic of Skip I made black and white

Hi Tuff Tuff!!

Hey Daisy and Rusty! (notice the bloody fetlock, ughh, its superficial thankfully, probably a stick in the woods)

Icicle tail!

I'm not liking how thin she is looking, she is usually an air fern horse, but she is getting older and its cold! Going to start her on some senior feed as soon as I can get to town again!

Hope all is well everyone else! Chloe says, see ya later!

4 comments:

in2paints said...

I must say, Chloe is the CUTEST thing ever!! I love looking at your pics on Facebook too. She has the sweetest face. :)

We got more snow here too, and ice. I'm so sick of the cold I could scream. The news said Florida is the only state without snow on the ground right now... including Hawaii!! That's not right!

The horses look like they're enjoying the snow at least!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

Thank you!! I totally agree, haha, I love taking pics of her!!

Ugh, me too, it has got to go!! That is CRAZY about the snow, whoda thought??

in2paints said...

You have an award waiting at my blog! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds like it was a wise decidion to pass on riding. Have had to do that here more times than I wish.