Monday, August 29, 2016

Back To 'School'!

So I know it has been a long time since I've posted! Life just ended up taking all my time and energy!

What has happened since I've been gone?

The BIG thing is my newest little stinker!

Hailey June, born March 3rd 2016, a total of 5 tiny pounds!
5 months and a little teething machine!
So in case your counting that is THREE little girls now! I have a 6, 2.5 and 5 month old. All so different and beautiful in their own right and we are so blessed.

But frankly it leaves me little time for myself! (Or horses!) In fact I'm rocking my sweet one to sleep as I type this on my phone!)


And really that's ok. This is my season right now. Taking care of my girls and my hard working hubby (who is awesome by the way, he works from 5:30 am to 3 pm in horrible heat and humidity building custom homes) are who I am at this point in my life. And I don't regret it a bit. (In fact I'd have more babies if the hubby would let me! Lol, which if you knew me would totally confuse you since I never even liked kids!)

But I have never forgotten my love for horses and riding.

So usually once a day I peruse my blogger list and check out my favs, living a vicarious horse life through them! And last Tuesday as I was doing this it hit me. Lessons. I could take lessons! 

I rode IHSA in college (many moons ago) and my riding coach lived nearby my work and gave lessons from her house. She was our english coach. Sweet, sweet lady! Her husband is also my dentist, haha. Just a random fact there. In between now and then we both have had three kids and I had no idea if she was even still giving lessons!

So on the way home I decided to just go check out her place and see if it was still there etc. Well she was actually giving a lesson!! So I decided to pull on in and just talk to her then, say hi, how have you been. She thought I was with one of her students for a little bit so I got to watch her teach. And I saw two familiar faces from our set of team horses in college! Goldie, a palomino quarter horse who used to do western pleasure. And Chloe another QH. So neat! They are both in their 20's now but look awesome and going strong. 

So while her riders were taking a break she came over to see me and recognized me, lol. We talked a while and she was so excited to see me. She said she'd love to teach me and totally understood how it's sometimes easier to SCHEDULE horse time even when you have a horse at home!

Then she shocked me by saying one of my former team mates was going to be starting lessons this coming week also! What are the odds?? She was always a sweet girl and I really got along with her well. So then I was even more excited! I immediately Facebooked her and we both squealed over cyber land haha. I have kept sort of in touch with her but every time we tried to meet up something happened. It's been around 12 or 13 years since we have really saw each other. Gosh, time flies.

So we talked a little longer then I let her get back to her lesson. So there you have it! I get to ride again! :squeal:

Some of you may be like uh, you have a horse at home you don't even ride. I know!! And it sucks! He's so far away, by the time I get home from work I am immediately thrown into cleaning the house up, laundry, dinner, I don't have time. Plus nothing like THIS to ride in!

Where I get to ride! I will be riding the palomino in the middle, Goldie :)
And I also have to worry about 4 other horses in my way. The motivation just wasn't there. I needed a goal. 

So I when I got home I immediately pulled out my old english riding clothes. Breeches still fit! But out of style and a tad worn out. Boots are good, I bought those around 4 years ago and haven't worn them but maybe three times. Helmet is OLD and out of date as well. (I bought it back in 1998!!)

So I jump on the internet and find a nice new helmet in a good price range and also a really good deal on some breeches. $30 dollars? Yes, please! They had a neat tank top for $7 too so I grabbed that! Kid in a candy store? Yeah, sorta, lol. 

Troxel Intrepid Helmet
Ovation Euro Seat Tights

After a few back and forth conversations my friend and I decided with our instructor that a group lesson with one other lady on Tuesdays after work will be the best. But! This week I ended up having to schedule an eye appt for my middle child that day so I sent my instructor a text and she set me up with a private on Monday. One day sooner, whoo hoo!

Anyway so that's where I am right now! Will definitely update after my lesson tomorrow!

Until then!


No comments: