Tuesday, July 10, 2018

New Pasture Pics and Planning

So I thought it would be fun to sit down and type out how the pasture is going and also plan out a bit (a very loose plan!) of what I want to do in my horsey life after I'm no longer prego.
I have about 2 1/2 months until my due date and then am supposed to wait 6 weeks post partum before doing strenuous activity. So that puts me right around the first of November. Unless baby girl decides to grace us with her energetic little self earlier! (She's a kicker and mover!!)

So I will have all winter to leg Harold and I up. Then hopefully be ready to hit some dressage shows in spring, maybe some jumping classes towards the middle late summer.

I'm hoping after Harold gets moved into his new pasture right by my house I can go out and start doing a bit with him now. Just walking and stretching, ground work, walking up and down the hills. Which will be good for me too, I have been pretty inactive this pregnancy right up until we started building the fence, lol. So getting some fitness in before labor day will be GOOD.

But I also worry about my comfort level in all that. I trust Harold and have never had him do anything dangerous but I don't move real fast these days and my belly is WAY out there and pretty vulnerable. I'm not sure if I will be worried all the time and not enjoy it, or get comfortable again after I start into it.

So after I get Harold going again, I think I will start back lessons with L in January. November I will need to get some fitness under him and then December is just too crazy with holidays and my middlest has her birthday also that month. I will probably do one or two private a month. I used to go every week in her oldest girls class, but I don't think I'll be able to swing that anymore with four kiddos and all. We'll see! L may have another idea also.

SO! Today MAY be the day my pasture is done! We have one run of barb wire to do on the bottom of one section, and then three to run on the short end by the house and I think its DONE. Yay!! It is going to be so awesome. I mean right now I don't even feel like I own a horse I see him so little.

I need to get him some mineral blocks, water trough, and grain buckets for him and Snowy. Other then that they are good! I just have a little anxiety about how long the grass will hold up before I will have to move them off. I really hope it does well. I plan on getting a bale of hay and keeping his slow feeder net full at all times so he will not be constantly grazing. Maybe.

Here are two pics from this morning!

I'm standing by the shop which is just beside our house. All that in the pasture is
fireworks from the brother in laws -_-

See our little gate up there to the right??
So this is the end closest to our house. I'm going to store all his grain and such in the trailer, and put his water trough and feeder up there by the gate so it will be convenient to the water faucet and trailer.

I have a feeling WE are gonna have to go out and clean up all the firework crap. Sigh. Living near in-laws can be so annoying. We had a fireworks show there last Wed, like we do every year, that my husbands two brothers put on and pay for. Well it is now almost a week later and it is STILL all over the pasture.

The heat is still unbearable after about 11 until nearly 7 when it finally starts cooling off a BIT. I feel so awful for the husband having to be out in it nearly all day. The humidity makes it even worse. I tried to go out and help him yesterday afternoon around 5 and I had to stand in the shade the whole time, lol. Being pregnant makes it worse, I'm not normally such a pansy!

So that's all for now! I will update next with pictures of my ponies in their very own pasture!!


No comments: