Thursday, June 6, 2019

Hello 2019!

It's January 2019! It's going to be a great year.

I am almost 4 months post partum! I've been riding off and on as much as I can.

I should probably change the name of my blog to Riding During Nights because the last 4 rides at least have been after dark around 7 or 8, haha! No joke. I just don't have time to ride in the day time on work days. And every NON work day has been busy or RAINING. So I just park my truck by the pasture with the lights on bright and wear a headlamp so I can see to tack up etc. Works like a charm! And of course the bestest horse in the world, AKA Harold couldn't care less. Of course if I was doing a lot of trotting or cantering it wouldn't work as well I have a feeling. But I am just walking 90% of the time right now getting us BOTH back into shape.

This baby threw me for a loop. Pregnancy was hard, labor was hard, recovering was, guess what? HARD. Know what was way too easy? GETTING PREGNANT. Lol. Well, we won't go there... :)

So I'm starting back lessons Friday! Super excited. I just know we are so far from where we were before I got pregnant. I hope she isn't too dissapointed with where we are. I mean, I have done maybe two full circles of trot, lol. I may have done more lately if the ground hadn't been a SWAMP every time I ride. It has been like monsoon season in AZ here. Never ending rain! We have finally gotten a break lately and dried out a lot. I rode two nights ago and it was still squishy down in the bottom where I ride tho, -_-.

I bought Harold a new bridle the other day off a used horse tack website. It's his 'big boy' bridle, lol. It has a nice monocrown and thick lovely leather. Can't wait to show him in it. I also got a $100 gift card for Riding Warehouse for Christmas that I plan on buying him a new show hunt seat bridle with. I also need some shipping boots...maybe I can find some newish used ones on a facebook group.

UPDATE: I started this in January and never finished it, so just going to post what I have and move on!

No comments: