Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Enter The Princess

Well exciting news here! We have a new arrival! And man is she UGLY! Wait until you see her. I don't know what they were thinking. They got her from an auction house, so...

But I'll let yall be the judge! I am tentatively calling her 'Belle' at this point, because that is what popped into my head first. But her new owner, the little BIL, does not like it, so who knows what her name will be. I'm not holding my breath for anything near as good as that, from his previous choices of names for his dogs, etc. (the husband wants to call her BellA, but I dunno...I'm rereading the Twilight series right now, so that may be why I think it doesn't fit, lol)

Here she is!!


Kisses!!


Notice the huge clump of grass falling, lol, our ground is sooo weettt
Also notice how tall the little BIL is, lol, she is a good 15 hands, so she will need to get to growing a bit more for him!

As you can tell, I was fibbing when I said she was ugly, lol. And as you can also tell I really enjoy taking pictures of her, lol. She is just so pretty I can't help myself. Its hard to get a 'bad' picture of her. It would have been better if it hadn't been so overcast, though.

So a little info! And I mean little, lol, since we don't know a whole lot about her. She is 3, a registered QH, although she has Appendix papers. Her dam is half TB, her grand dam, full. And you can def see that little bit reflected in her! I think her head is very Thoroughbredey to me, its that blocky type, you know? But it is very small. We haven't had this slim and elegant looking of a horse around in a long time, and we are all smitten with her.

She is broke, so they say. Apparently they have been riding her quite a bit. And the little BIL rode her a little bit at the horse sale in the little pen she was being held in.

So there is a horse sale the first of the month about an hour away from us, that the father in law likes to go to. His work has been really good lately, and since the little BIL lost that mare he was taking care of, they decided to bring this little girl home. They got her for a smokin price too. Guess how much?? If I owned her I know I wouldn't take less then 1500, although I know the market is bad.

They paid $500 for her. I know. And she has some decent lines too. Check it out, her grand sire is a son of Peppy San Badger and won over 28k in cutting money, and is a Millon Dollar Reining sire. His get have made $469,719 in NRHA events, and $262,945 in NCHA events. Cool, huh??
Here is her pedigree, it will have pics of her daddy (who is VERY PRETTY himself) and her grand sire. Yeah, her name really is Docscockylilcutter. Sigh.

As far as I can tell her TB side is nothing to talk about, but I don't know much about TBs. I can't find anything about her dams side either, just some Leo and Doc Bar. Who she has on her sires side as well. Her daddy is at stud here in Alabama, but I don't think he has done anything but sire babies.

So she is bred to be a cutter, but looks like a pleasure horse to me! Lol, she looks like she will be smooth as butter, if I'm any judge. Though her pasterns are a little longer then I'd like. I've just heard about unsoundness issues, but I doubt she will be working hard enough to worry about it. I bet her hardest job will be truckin down a trail, lol. She does still have a lot of growing to do, I bet she will really fill out.

She is very good getting into a trailer, standing in one, and getting out (though she did sort of leap out and then imediately start chuggin down grass, lol) and seems to be a sweet girl. She is a bit more 'alert' then I think will be necessary for the little BIL, but we shall see once they start riding her. She was a bit spooky when she first got there, but seemed to settle down. She did well with Tuff and Skip. They were a bit scared of her though, especially Tuff. His mama and Rusty have put the fear of God into him! Skip was more brave and that got him a kick in the leg, which he asked for it, she warned him 2 times to stay away from her hiney before nailing him. But he was okay.

It was kind of funny because she would start following them because she wanted to be near them and they would take off trotting because they thought she was chasing them! And shes like, "wait up guysss!!" LOL, but after a few hours they settled down, and she is like their big sister now, it seems like. Shes really just a baby herself, although she is so much bigger then them. I wish they would put the fast track on their growing! (BTW, Tuff turned 2 last Wed!!)

I'll have to watch them together more to know for sure. But I think they will all be fine. We moved them up to the top pasture near our house (and the road, which I like, gets them used to all the car noises, we live near a 4wheeler park, so there are lots of scary noisy things that go by!) and where Tuff was born. A bit of grass up there, so thats good. Tuff needs to put some weight on.

Here is a video of her right not long after we got her off the trailer.



I will definitely keep yall updated on her progress. I really hope she is going to be a good horse. And I may finally have someone to ride with!! :)

Here is a vid of us trying to take the horses to the pasture, and then finding out that the FIL can't get the gate open, lol. I'm leading Skip and Lee has Tuff. 'Belle' also managed to get away from Jesse, but you don't see it on there. She got her foot under the rope while grazing (he wasn't paying very good attention to her) and then he couldn't get it unwrapped and she started pulling so he let her go. She trotted about a bit then she walked right back up to him so he could get her, lol.


So, that is all for now! Until later...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Aw, she is so cute! I like her! I can't wait to see what she looks like after a bit of TLC. I like Belle, Bells, Labelle and Bella despite Twilight. Cute names!
I hope she turns out to be a good little horse for your BIL. She must have decent lines if even I can recognize the names in her pedigree! LOL

in2paints said...

When I first saw this post, I skimmed down and looked through the pictures real quick. I thought to myself, "what a gorgeous mare!" Then I went back to the top and started reading. I read the part where you said she was "UGLY" and went "Huh? Ugly? Maybe I looked too quickly through those photos." So I looked some more and still thought she was GORGEOUS... so I was about to lose my mind until I read the part where you said you were just kidding... lol

Looks like they got a heck of a bargain, and she's so young still. I hope she turns out to be the perfect horse for him. Do you think you might show her some?

In any event, congratulations to all!! :) She's a beauty!

Albigears said...

How old is she? I can see the TB in her (love TBs!). She looks like she has a really nice shoulder. Two of my horses have long pasterns. One of them is 25 and she was shown her whole life with no problems. She is the smoothest horse I've ever ridden- great for equitation classes because there was no bouncing!

Congrats on your new find, she is lucky to have found you.

Albigears said...

OOop- she is 3. Just a baby!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

Yeah, she is 3, I think that helps her get along with the colts so good, she is still a baby like them! hehe.

Good to hear about the pasterns! And you know, I SUCK at judging shoulders but I thought she had a GREAT one too, glad to hear it confirmed, she should be one smooth ride! Can't wait to try her out.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

what a sweet horse... looks like a good eye

happy trails
gp